Plumbing Fixture Upgrades, Repairs & Installations
When it’s time to upgrade a kitchen faucet, toilet or fixture in your home, Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air can assist with that in any way you would like. Our highly skilled plumbers can replace and install kitchen or bathroom fixtures that you purchased or from us. We have over 80 years of experience replacing toilets, garbage disposals or faucets directly from our warehouse on wheels.
Broken Shower Handle Repair
Having a tub or shower valve handle snap off while in use can be a frightening experience! Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air has all of the skills and tools to repair most broken shower handles and tub/shower valves.
What to do if the handle breaks off on your shower while it’s on:
- Don’t panic
- Locate the main shut off valve for your home
- Turn the water off
- Call Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air
Common Broken Shower Repairs We Perform:
- Removing stuck tub and shower cartridges
- Repairing shower valves with broken stems
- Shower valves broke in the on position
- And many other shower valve repairs.
Do You Need To Supply Your Own Plumbing Fixtures?
No, but you sure can.
Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air will glady install a plumbing fixture such as toilet or faucet that you provide yourself. However, we don’t honor any warranty on products that we didn’t provide.
Pros to supplying your own plumbing fixtures
- You get the design you like
- You’re not limited to the selection we keep on our trucks
Cons to supplying your own plumbing fixtures
- No warranty on the product
- Sometimes fixtures through home centers are lesser quality than professional fixtures
- May involve multiple trips and service charges
Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air does have several options for kitchen faucets, bathroom faucets, garbage disposals and toilets in stock and on our trucks for unplanned plumbing fixture replacements.
Kitchen Sink Removal & Reinstallation – New Countertops
If you’re getting new countertops in your kitchen, you’ll need a plumber to properly disconnect the old kitchen sink and faucet during the countertop installation and return to hook the new faucet and kitchen sink accessories. Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air routinely performs this service.
First Visit – Before Countertop Removal
- Disconnect the kitchen sink faucet
- Disconnect and cap off kitchen drains
- Cap off water pipes
- Salvage any parts from the old kitchen sink set up that you wish to reuse
Second Visit – After Countertop Installation
- Sink is typically installed by countertop installers
- Install new kitchen faucet
- Install new basket strainers
- Install new dishwasher air gap
- Install or reconfigure under sink drain pipes
- Install new or reinstall garbage disposal
How much does disconnecting and reconnecting kitchen sink plumbing cost for new countertop installation?
$600-$1500 is a good range for the install services. A lot of the total costs depend on how much drain configuration is needed. In extreme cases, we have to open up the wall under the sink to lower the plumbing because of a deeper sink. As always, Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air will provide you a price in writing before any of the work begins.
Toilet Repair & Installation
Upgrading your toilet can modernize your bathroom and improve comfort. Speaking of comfort, comfort height toilets are about 2” taller than a standard toilet, which makes sitting on and getting off of the toilet much easier.
- Comfort height toilets are in stock and on our trucks
- Round front toilets as well as elongated toilets
- We install owner provided toilets as well
- Toilet tank repair
- Toilet leak repair
- Toilet seat replacements
You name it and Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air has you covered for toilet services.
We also stock all of the most common toilet repair parts in all of our plumbing service vehicles to repair most of these toilet issues on the first trip.
- Toilets that don’t stop running
- Leaking toilets
- Toilets bowls that don’t fill with water
- Toilets that make hissing or squealing noises
And many other common toilet repairs.
Kitchen Faucet Installation
The most used faucet in Southeastern Wisconsin homes is typically the kitchen faucet. If you are looking to upgrade your kitchen faucet, Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air can install a faucet that you provide or we also carry several different kitchen sink faucets right on our <warehouse on wheels>.
Pro tips for upgrading your kitchen sink faucet
- Stick with a pro brand– Moen, Kohler or Delta.
- Consider a pull down or pull out kitchen faucet- The flexibility a pull down or pull out kitchen faucet provides is worth it if you like the style.
- Make sure the finish will hold up to your cleaning preferences- Some faucet finishes require special cleaning instructions. Keep that in mind when choosing your new kitchen sink faucet.
To schedule a kitchen sink faucet installation, call Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air at 262-725-1235.
Bathroom Faucet Installation
Updating a worn bathroom faucet can bring a whole new look to your bathroom plus save on repeat faucet repairs. Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air carries several bathroom faucets on our warehouse on wheels in case a new bathroom faucet catches you by surprise, but we will also install a customer provided faucet.
Garbage Disposal Replacement & Installation
Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air carries multiple options for garbage disposal replacement right on our warehouse on wheels.
- ½ HP Garbage Disposals
- ¾ HP Garbage Disposals
- Garbage Disposals
Signs you may need a new garbage disposal
- The garbage disposal is leaking
- The disposal jams frequently
- Smoking or burning smell from disposal
- Reset button on disposal tripping often