Water Heater Repair
No Salespeople, No Pressure
Thousands of 5-Star Reviews
We Help You Choose The Best
Helpful Financing Available
No Hot Water? Keep Your Cool!
Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air is here to help you with any and all water heater needs.
- Same Day Water Heater Repairs – We stock all the most common water heater repair parts right on our trucks so we are able to fix most water heaters on the first trip.
- Water heater repair services, and we’re nearby – Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air is a local Southeastern WI company with a shop to service Waukesha County from Hartland, WI and a shop in Germantown, WI to service Washington County.
- All makes & models of water heaters repaired & serviced – Tankless water heater repairs, electric water heater repairs, gas water heater repairs… You name it and a plumber at Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air can likey fix it.
- No surprises water heater repair pricing – We believe in transparency across the board, which is why after we diagnose your water heater we will provide you the exact cost of the water heater repair up front so there are no surprises.
How To Tell If Your Water Heater Needs Repair
No hot water
Not having any hot water or having cold water flowing from the hot side of the faucet is a pretty obvious sign your water heater is in need of services or repairs.
Shower water is lukewarm
A possible sign that a water heater needs repair is detected in the shower. If the water temp is lukewarm and not hot, something may be going on with the hot water heater.
Water is VERY hot
When control valves, thermostats and elements fail, sometimes they overheat the water. If your water is extra hot out of the blue, be cautious because you will likely need a water heater repair or service call.
Water leaking from hot water tank
Water heater repair is needed when the tank or any component is leaking on the water heater
Water heater tank rumbling
Strange noises from your water heater often mean sediment has built up and you’re in need of water heater service and possibly a hot water tank repair.
Dripping or leaking relief valve
The tube that runs down the side of your water heater is called the relief valve and if water drips or flows out of that tube, this is a sign of needed heater repairs.
Why Does Your Hot Water Smell Like Rotten Eggs?
One fairly common water heater symptom is hot water that smells like rotten eggs. Oftentimes this is a result of the breakdown of an anode rod inside the water heater.
Common Water Heater Brands We Repair
Water Heaters We Commonly Repair
Gas Water Heater Repair
Common gas water heater repairs we make:
- Repairing or replacing water heater thermostats
- Water heater gas control valve replacement or repair
- T&P valve (temperature and pressure relief valve) replacement
- Gas water heater control valve repair
- Vapor sensor for gas water heater
- Water heater tank leaks
- Water heater flame sensor lockouts
- Anode rod replacements
One of the more common types of water heaters in the Waukesha and Washington County service area are gas water heaters. That’s why we fully stock our trucks to make most gas water heater repairs on the first trip. Repairing leaking gas water heaters, replacing relief valves, and diagnosing gas water heaters that aren’t heating properly are all services we provide daily.
Power Vent Water Heater Repair
Here are some common power vent water heater repairs we make (these heaters are also known as direct vent water heaters):
- Clearing water heater error codes
- Water heater vent motor repair or replacement
- Power vent water heater pressure switch repairs
- Ignitor repairs and replacement for power vent water heaters
- Relief valve repairs and replacements
- Flame sensor and vapor sensor lockout repairs
- Anode rod replacements and installation
A power vented gas water heater is commonly used in more modern construction. Power vented gas water heaters utilize an exhaust fan and vent through the sidewall of the home using PVC piping. Power vent water heaters are more efficient because of their extra technology, but in turn are more prone to requiring repairs. Because of the electrical components involved, a skilled plumber is needed to accurately troubleshoot power vent water heaters and to perform power vent water heater repairs. Our technicians are fully qualified and equipped to handle your power vent water heater issue.
Electric Water Heater Repair
Most common electric water repairs we complete:
- Water heater element replacements
- Electric water heater lower thermostat
- Upper thermostat installation on electric water heaters
- Reset button failure
- Testing heating elements
Even though our market is rich in natural gas, many homes have electric water heaters. From diagnosing why your electric water heater is running out of hot water quickly or replacing water heater elements, to making adjustments to your electric water heater’s thermostat, our team is trained on electric water heater repairs so we can repair it right the first time.
Tankless Water Heater Repair
Most common tankless water heater repairs Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air completes:
- Failed ignition codes
- Flow restriction repairs
- Flame sensors
- Tankless water heater flushing
- Tankless water heater leaks
- Gas control valves for tankless heaters
- Flow sensors
The most efficient of all the water heater types are tankless water heaters. Similar to the power vent water heater, tankless water heaters utilize modern technology to achieve high efficiency water status. This increase in technology typically means that they are more prone to requiring repair. This is why the plumbers at Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air are extensively trained in tankless water heater repairs as well as performing annual tankless water heater service.
What To Expect During Water Heater Repairs
- Booking a water heater service call
- We will arrive with water heater parts & troubleshoot your water heater
- Same trip water heater repairs
- Special order parts (if needed)
- Water heater repair in hours, not days
Why Choose Austin Plumbing, Heating & Air For Your Water Heater Repair
Many same day water heater repair appointments available
Fully stocked trucks
Skilled plumbers can diagnose water heater breakdowns fast
Upfront prices = no surprise bills
Highly rated with hundreds of 5 star Google reviews from water heater repairs
Local and have been for 80+ years
Market leaders for water heater repair and water heater installations and replacements
Schedule Your Water Heater Repair Service Today
From emergency service to routine maintenance or installations, Austin Plumbing is ready to take your call!
Call us now to schedule an appointment.